One of the best investments on the market today. Chester Forest consists of 1,807.49 acres of a well-stocked and managed forest with over $2.67 million of standing timber, dominated by Sugar Maple. On the property is an easily accessible 650-square-foot log home built in 1991 from logs harvested from the land and set in an apple orchard field with tremendous views to the southwest.

  • Managed by professional foresters for more than 40 years. Good age class distribution and species composition. Forest growth is exceeding 3%/yr.
  • The property is bisected by an exceptional 3.37 mile commercial grade gravel road which the owners invested over $2.7 mil to construct. Small fields with planted fruit trees complement the largely forested property.
  • The main road is the connecting point for another 4.38 miles of woods roads that support recreational use, timber management, sugaring, hunting, wildlife observation, fire protection, and scenic beauty.
  • Over 1,500 feet of road frontage on Lovers Lane along the southern side of the property, and 1,000 +/- feet of frontage on Wymans Falls Road at the north end provide sufficient acreage and frontage for the establishment of a number of unique house lots while maintaining a substantial timber resource for perpetual income.
  • Log home is accessible from the main road is heated with wood, and has propane for cooking, lights and refrigeration. .
  • The property has been evaluated by carbon experts, and report the opportunity to capture approximately $900,000 in carbon offset sales. Typical sustainable forest management in this area harvests less than 20% of annual growth. Selling Carbon offsets on the remaining 80% of growth could be considered.
  • The property has the opportunity for the sale of conservation easements because of its size and location in an area of existing conserved lands and the opportunity to provide linkages. There are several conservation organizations and potential funders that could be assembled to construct a viable sale in the $500,000 to $1 million range.
  • The increasing demand for maple syrup offers another opportunity to capture a significant income opportunity either through leasing of taps or establishment of a sugar operation on the property.

Property Details

Story Jenks
Select a Point of Interest and Radius from the form above.