Position Announcement: OPERATIONS FORESTERS - BANGOR & JACKMAN, ME
LandVest is looking for energetic, entrepreneurial, and dedicated professionals for two Operations Forester positions to serve our clients in Maine. The positions can also include working to assist on other project work within the Division. Initially, the position involves primarily field work focused on inventory and harvest operations. As the candidate gains or demonstrates experience, responsibilities will grow to include preparing forest management plans and maintaining existing client relationships. Generating new business is an important aspect of the position to grow our business presence in the region. LandVest provides incentives for the development of new clients and projects. Near-term advancement opportunities, including a managerial & leadership position, are very possible.
The positions will be stationed out of our Bangor and Jackman offices with administrative support available in both locations. The location of staff’s domicile will be important to minimize travel due to the wide region served by both offices. Occasional overnight and multi-night travel will also be necessary. Candidates should possess or be willing to obtain a Forester’s license.
LandVest is celebrating its 50th year of providing industry-leading consulting forestry services to its diverse clientele. Our staff is providing direction and guidance to always look ahead, use the most advanced forest science and bring about the finest long-term stewardship of our client’s forest resources as we work to meet their objectives of ownership. The staff consult on properties of varying sizes, timber types and varied ownership objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operations: Field work involving planning and laying out of harvest units, planning and layout of road construction/maintenance activities, marking timber, inspecting active harvest and/or road operations and closeout, maintaining timber sale records, and collecting GPS data.
- Inventory: Collecting field data, following LandVest cruise protocols, and preparing cruise reports.
- Other Field Work: Boundary work, monitoring leases and other recreational uses, and other assigned field tasks.
- Office: Management plan development, project administration, data analysis
- Other: We are active in certification programs. LandVest is a Group Certified manager under FSC® certificate C120428 covering over +/- 100,000 acres. Successful candidate will be trained to implement LandVest’s Operations Manual and Practices and Protocols that comply with certification and our company standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry from an SAF accredited program.
- Strong communication skills- verbal and written.
- Ability to problem solve and having a strong attention to detail are essential to these positions.
- Ability to work with a broad variety of internal staff and external clients and colleagues.
- Must be willing to work strenuous days, occasional weekends, outdoors year-round in all weather conditions.
- Operations related field experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to implement mixed northern hardwood, spruce-fir and pine silviculture, planning and supervision of harvest operations and cruising and inventory skills.
- Good computer skills in most elements of Microsoft Office; GPS and introductory GIS skills.
- Reliable and woods ready 4WD vehicle.
Pay and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and demonstrated skills.
- Benefits include medical, dental, 401K with match, paid vacation, sick and personal leave.
- Incentives paid for generating new work and meeting budgets (profit sharing).
- Expense and mileage reimbursement. Annual stipend for personal vehicle use with appropriate gear.
- Reimbursement for professional dues, licenses, continuing education.
If interested and qualified, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Business Manager
One Capitol Street, Suite 300
Concord NH 03301
Position Announcement: FOREST INVENTORY MANAGER
As a provider of inventory services across the northeastern US LandVest, Inc.’s Timberland Division has an opportunity for an energetic and organized forester looking for a management position in a leading-edge organization. The position of Forest Inventory Manager requires an experienced forester who understands the importance of planning and executing inventory projects with a high level of quality and consistency. The Inventory Manager will work with our Technical Services Group and other Division Managers to acquire, plan and implement a broad range of forest inventory projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
LandVest’s Inventory Manager will be responsible for leading multiple concurrent forest inventory projects. The Inventory Manager will collaborate with our Biometrics, GIS and Project Management staff to plan and implement a variety of types and scale of inventory projects. This will involve assembling the required LandVest and contract cruiser labor, training, cruising, check cruising, project management and data management. On the ground oversight of inventories while in motion is a key component of this position. Once inventories are completed the Forest Inventory Manager will work with other management staff to develop inventory summaries and coordinate reporting with the Division Managers and the Technical Services Group. The successful candidate must demonstrate a firm understanding of forest mensuration and the ability to communicate those concepts to other forestry professionals. The geographic area of this position is relatively broad covering most of the northeastern US with a focus on internal management inventories from Maine to Pennsylvania. The scope of inventory projects is similarly broad, encompassing, due diligence work with tight deadlines, periodic rolling inventories, surveys of non-timber resources and establishment and remeasurement of long-term sample plots. There will be a mix of field and office duties. Fieldwork does occur in all types of weather. Frequent travel across the region noted above will be required.
Required Education Experience, and Skills:
- At a minimum a BS in Forestry from an SAF accredited program
- Demonstrating any advanced degrees or continuing education that would be considered pertinent to this position is of course valuable.
- At least 2 years in a position focused on the planning and implementation of forest inventories. In addition, successful candidate would ideally demonstrate field forestry experience related to other aspect for forest management. LandVest consistently looks for well-rounded professionals to build more collaborative teams of experienced personnel.
- Knowledge of forest mensuration
- Comfort with the tools of forest inventory and the underlying concepts, including angle gauges, clinometer, digital hypsometer and other current technologies.
- Confidence in basic skills needed for forest inventory, such as tree and plant identification and navigation both with compass and GPS.
- Proficiency in teaching and guiding other natural resource professionals in learning and improving forest inventory techniques
- Ability to independently manage multiple concurrent projects
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, database and forest inventory software applications
- Experience with data management, quality control & assurance
- Understanding of descriptive statistics in an applied forestry setting. Ability to communicate applied statistical concepts and results to a broad audience
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Patience and attention to detail are essential to this position
- Experience and thoughtfulness in a leadership and supervisory role
- Ability to problem solve
- Demonstrating a collaborative and cooperative demeanor and attitude
- Ability to work with a broad variety of internal staff and external clients and colleagues
- Basic comfort level with geographic information software (Arc)
- Understanding and familiarity with growth modeling software (USDA FVS)
- Knowledge of the USDA Forest Service’s Forest Inventory and Analysis program, with an understanding of the field methods
- Basic SQL skills
Other Requirements and Company Benefits:
- Woods ready 4WD vehicle. LandVest pays mileage for personal vehicles and additional Heavy Truck payment for full sized 4WD truck.
- Position office and home base location is subject to negotiation.
- LandVest provides a full range of benefits including 401K with match, health insurance, paid vacation and holidays, reimbursement for professional dues, licenses, continuing education, and reimbursement of appropriate work-related expenses.
Richard G. Carbonetti
Senior VP Timberland
Director Management and Consulting
5086 US Route 5 Ste 2
Newport, VT 05855
LANDVEST MARKETING COORDINATOR
The Marketing Coordinator is a full-time, salaried (exempt) position.
The Marketing Coordinator reports to the VP Residential Brokerage Division
The Marketing Coordinator’s primary role is to assist several real estate brokers with a variety of tasks related to the administration and coordination of the marketing of luxury real estate properties in Portland, Maine and surrounding areas.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to several Real Estate brokers.
- Prepare correspondence, listing agreements, marketing data sheets, client reports for the brokers.
- Track the progression of a project from listing to close, keeping the team abreast of necessary next steps and changes.
- Manage brokers' biographies, sold lists and current listings on LandVest, MLS, and various other sites such as Zillow, Trulia and Realtor.com.
- Coordinate with in-house Marketing Operations Department (MOD), Broker, and Client to facilitate the creation of Advertising and Marketing materials including: design and placement of print and online advertisements, design and printing of branded materials including direct mail and property collateral (property profiles, announcements, invitations, banners…) and photo color correction.
- Create content for LandVest’s blog and social media sites, focusing on your region and brokers, also including listings from other LandVest offices.
- Create newsletters, email announcements and targeted mailings with brokers and MOD.
- Assist brokers in coordination of showings for properties.
- Other sundry Office Management responsibilities, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required sit, stand, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee is occasionally required to drive.
Qualification & Skills
- Education level: Bachelor’s degree or above
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in or ability to learn quickly how to use Real Estate Databases
- High-level proofreading skills
- Experience with blogs and social media
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Reliable transportation
- Preference will be given to candidates who have or will pass the Real Estate Exam and keep their license current through continuing education.
Send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.