Western Region -- Operations Forester
Purpose: This position will be responsible for overseeing the forestry operations on 17,000 acres of coastal timber property and helping to support forestry operations on 170,000 acres of inland timberlands in Northern California. This position is designed to grow into a management level opportunity.
Location: Eureka, California preferred. Will consider Mount Shasta or Redding, California.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Timber Harvest Plan contractors
- Supervise land surveying contractors
- Contract logging supervision
- Contract forestry supervision (spraying, planting, etc.)
- Interact with California Regulatory Agencies, neighboring landowners, and the public
- Assist Operations Manager with log marketing
- Stocking/completion/water quality reporting
- Tract inspections
- Security and Fire patrol
- Identify business improvement and growth opportunities and practices
- Participates in other job duties as requested
- Apply a high degree of self-motivation, excellent organizational skills, good decision-making skills, and a positive attitude to all areas of work
- Must have a valid California Registered Professional Foresters license.
- Solid understanding of Northern California harvesting operations and silviculture.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- A valid Calif. Driver’s License is required; travel by truck and overnight stays are to be expected
Physical Requirements: Excellent physical condition; ability to work in steep and brushy terrain, and in adverse and extreme weather conditions. Must be able to walk, stand, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Must have the ability to frequently move and carry heavy items (like backpacks, equipment, supplies) of up to 50 lbs. Specific hearing abilities required by this position are auditory perception.
Timing, Salary and Benefits:
- The position is available now but will wait for the right candidate
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Attractive benefits package to include medical, dental, 401(k), PTO and flexible work hours
Interested Candidates should email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: MARKETING COORDINATOR
Location: Portland Maine
Direct Report: VP Residential Brokerage Division
LandVest, Inc provides brokerage, consulting and management services for their clients nationally. LVI is a privately held company that’s been in business for 50 years. As LVI moves forward we are looking for energetic, intelligent staff motivated to support and guide the company forward in the most progressive, profitable manner.
This position closely assists several real estate brokers. The Marketing Coordinator requires assertion and initiative, abundant energy, and minimal supervision. The successful candidate will have the capacity to think for oneself, be extremely organized and take responsibility for decision-making and operate with a high degree of independence. Ability to deal with pressure at the busy times of the year (spring and fall) is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (confidence when dealing with property owners, fiduciaries, and trustees).
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, anticipating the next steps while keeping attention to detail.
- Ability to see the big picture while executing at a detailed level.
- Ability to manage real estate databases. Knowledge of Facebook and LinkedIn and other social media sites a must.
- Knowledge and understanding of MS Suite products required, including other general technology platforms
- High-level proofreading skills
- Positive can-do attitude
- Develop and maintain marketing strategies in partnership with the brokerage team for their region and property.
- Prepare correspondence, listing agreements, marketing data sheets, client reports for the brokers.
- Track the progression of a project from listing to close, keeping the team abreast of necessary next steps and changes.
- Coordinate with in-house Marketing Operations Department (MOD), Broker, and Client to facilitate the creation of Advertising and Marketing materials including: design and placement of print and online advertisements, design and printing of branded materials including direct mail and property collateral (property profiles, announcements, invitations, banners…) and photo color correction.
- Create content for LandVest’s blog and social media sites, focusing on your region and brokers, also including listings from other LandVest offices.
- Complete various marketing, brokerage and administrative tasks and projects by deadline
- Manage broker’s biographies, sold lists and current listings on LandVest, MLS, and various other sites such as Zillow, Trulia and Realtor.com.
- Create newsletters, email announcements and targeted mailings with brokers and MOD.
- Site visits to properties to conduct text gathering, measuring, coordination of photography shoot, preparation and writing of brochures, advertising text and blogs for properties.
- Assist brokers in coordination of showings for properties
- Other sundry Office Management responsibilities, as needed.
Salary & Benefits:
- Base salary commensurate with experience, augmented with commission.
- A robust benefits package offered all full-time employees including health, dental, employer contributed 401k, and generous holiday and paid time off program
- Regular office hours, some flexibility around scheduling
Send a letter of interest and resume to Sophie at email@example.com.